8.28.2007

Cleaning out cupboards

I spent the better part of my weekend going through my kitchen and bathroom cabinets. This is a chore I've been putting off for quite some time, but I couldn't stand it any longer.

I threw out a good sized garbage bag of items that weren't vegan, and it felt great. Still got a ways to go, but I'm slowly getting there. I had intended to use up my non-vegan toiletries, but the thought of using items that were manufactured with cruelty and death has begun to weigh heavily on me. I still have a large amount of cleaning supplies that I'm not sure I can continue using much longer.

There are a few things I still have no choice on for the moment. Any medications are automatically not vegan, and I have one that I can't stop taking yet. I don't have the money to replace all my shoes for work yet. But any new purchases I buy will be vegan.

The longer I am vegan, and the more I learn, the more I realize how oblivious I've been to the suffering infused in the products I use. What I used to think of as unreasonable, now seem to be the only ethically consistent choices to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment